Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cute Hat


This is the cute hat I made from the yarn we got at Shabby Sheep on Thursday. It is Cascade Yarns Fixation in color #9442. This yarn is great fun to work with. It is 98.3% cotton and 1.7% elastic. I looked at several patterns on Ravelry and a couple I had in my files and ended up just creating what I wanted. It has a small K2, P2 rib and then the rest is just knitted for 4" and then I decreased. I cast on 68 stitches and did the rib on size 5 needles and then switched to 6's. The colors are much more vivid and bright than they show here. The yarn stretches so you have to keep it loose while knitting but this also will make the hat fit. Since you never know how big babies heads are going to be that is a good thing. We only have 8 days to wait for Scout's arrival. If love is shown by the amount of knitting done for someone then this little girl is coming into the world well loved.

No comments: