Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Cool Breeze


Finally it is a little cooler. I do not know how long it will last. It is 76 degrees with blue skies and a wonderful breeze blowing through the trees. I love fall. Probably because living in Texas, where I have been known to turn the air conditioning on in my car on a warm day in February, it just stays hot forever. 100 degree days through the summer are nothing. Fun is in July going to the grocery store and sticking your head in the frozen food cooler. All this leads to the fact that I finished the first Online Savanne sock this morning. I really like this sock. I love the pattern the yarn makes and I adore The Yarn Harlot for her Basic Sock Recipe. Finally I can knit socks and they actually are wearable. I love 2.50mm DP needles. I love tiny sock yarn. I get like this sometimes, "into" things that are small. My sister says when you are stressed people tend to gravitate toward small. I can't remember why but she will let me know. I e-mailed this picture to my sister and my daughter proud knitter that I am. I had to laugh out loud when my daughter e-mailed me back. Does this sock look hot? Well, it is only October. She said it was nice but looked like it would make your foot sweat. I am laughing now, not at her, but I was thinking maybe wool socks do look hot especially in October. My aunt lives in Minneapolis. I wonder if it is cool enough yet to already be wearing them there? Well there is no SSS here. The second sock is already cast on. Mmm, I think I need to head to The Shabby Sheep and get more sock yarn. Besides that, we all need to help out the economy any way we can.

No comments: