Friday, October 17, 2008

Cooler Weather






Finally, cooler weather. It is the middle of October and time for those wonderful cool mornings. It was 60 degrees this morning. Fantastic. Of course by three in the afternoon it had reached almost 80 degrees, but hey I love those cool mornings. Time for the sock fitting. I have been working on Jo's socks and since I was just adjusting the Yarn Harlot's Basic Sock Recipe down to fit a 3 year old I had written all adjustments down. Still you just have to try on socks to make sure where those little toes hit. I did not want to be "unknitting" the toe of a sock and all those decrease stitches. We met at the mall in Lewisville. We had to go see the fountain and throw in some pennies. Of course we had to have Panda Express for lunch followed by a cookie with sprinkles from the cookie store. But before the cookie we needed to try on the sock. I did not know how this would work out because sometimes three year olds are easy and sometimes everything is well I guess a drama. I pulled out that sock and her eyes lit up. So we put it on her foot right there in the food court. "Do you like it?" I asked. "Yes." So we took a picture to record the progress. Now I have to really get knitting because she is going to want to wear those socks and she has another skein of yarn chosen and cooler weather is almost here to stay.

No comments: