Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Get Out The Pink Yarn!


Yes, get out the pink yarn. My daughter had a sonogram today and I am now knitting for a new grandaughter. Really the last week was spent in anticipation of what color I was going to get to use. Everyone was excited especially Jo. She had already told us that it was going to be a girl. At three we kept saying it could be a boy or girl and she insisted that it was going to be a girl. If you ask her about girl names she would give you one or two but if you ask her boy names she would say,"Nothing." I said "Nothing is not a very good name", but she would not even think that it could be a boy. So we are now going to start looking for yarn for a blankie, and hats and baby socks. This picture is of a hat I made her out of my standard sock cap pattern. It is made from "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby. I loved the color which is called Candy Corn. Now I am off to finish the toe on her second sock. She will get these on Friday and we will see how she likes wearing them. She chose the yarn for another pair of socks already, Tofutsies #852, a reddish orange with hints of brown. Since it is supposed to get to 43 degrees tonight she is going to want these socks pretty quick. Yea for cold weather!

No comments: