Friday, October 24, 2008

Fun With Great-Grandma




Today was a busy day. We were going to see Jo's Great-Grandma to tell her the news that Jo is having a baby sister. Grandma lives in an assisted living center in Carrollton so we were meeting in Lewisville and then heading in one car to see her. By the way I paid $2.26 for gas at the Sam's in Lewisville. We headed over to the center and when we got there Allison's cousin Julie was there with her son Noah. Noah and Jo are only about a month and a half apart so they entertained Grandma. Unfortunately the picture of them is on the other camera so it will have to wait. Jo let Grandma know "I am having a sister!" This is really kindof neat because she has only boy cousins. Plus she really wanted a sister. In a bit Julie and Noah left and we visited with Grandma. I had finished the Tofutsie socks for Jo and had waited to give them to her till we were at Grandma's. Grandma is the one who taught me to knit starting with baby booties so I wanted her to see the socks too. These pictures are from my cell phone so they are not very clear and there are more on the camera that will be coming. I also have a nice picture of Jo and her great-grandma that I will add too. These socks fit her so well and she did not want to take them off. So she wore them. It was time for Grandma to have lunch so we said bye and headed for our own lunch. Jo thinks that when she goes to see Grandma we have to have lunch at Steak and Shake. Here we are coloring the placemat. They do have great chili and their Diet Cherry Coke is the best anywhere since it is hand made. Jo likes to wear the hat because then she is "Chef Jo". After lunch we headed to the mall and Bath and Body Works. Their Christmas scents are out and I absolutely love the Twisted Peppermint. I have not been able to find the Wallflowers in the peppermint but thought I saw it on the website so I will have to check. I love peppermint chapstick, peppermint soap, peppermint lotion, and especially peppermint tea. I got to thinking about it and I had some peppermint lipstick by Cutex in the eighth grade. That was a while back. It was very, very pale pink. I ended up getting three of the foam pump soaps in the Twisted Peppermint. We then headed to Academy. Jo was going to get a new pair of shoes. Allison found a pair of Disney Princess shoes. Well that was easy of course no others would do. We then found a camo hat for Jo that had pink trim. We went down the backpack aisle. They also had purses. So the picture here is Jo in the pink trimmed camo hat, Princess shoes and a pink Princess purse. By the way the purple and green sweater is one I knit for her last winter. Of course no shopping trip is complete without going to Sam's and Wal-Mart so off we went. We did find some Bernat Jacquard yarn that we may use for the new baby blanket but we have not decided yet. Tomorrow we are heading to Ponder. TJ and Matthew are going to boil the hog and deer heads for mounting and we are going to have BBQ. Jo iced cupcakes so we are eating those too. I have never seen a kid this young that likes to cook as much as she does, but that is for another blog as the stories of her cooking are well known in the family. Actually she is a very good helper. By the way she also empties the dishwasher and throws her clothes in the washer. She will be three next weekend. After I got home I cast on Jo's new pair of socks, Tofutsies color #852 a reddish orange witha hint of brown. I would like to have the rib done by in the morning so I can show Jo what they look like so I need to get busy on them.


No comments: