Monday, October 13, 2008

Socks






This last weekend we went to the Greek Festival in Euless. We go to this festival every year. We have been to several festivals in the area but the food at the St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church is absolutely the best. It is now the only one we go to. Their moussaka, dolmathes, and loukoumades are absolutely to die for. Everything is homemade. Can't wait till next year.

The Tofutsies socks for Jo are on the needles. Saturday after the Greek Festival we tried the socks on. I was worried that they were not long enough before I started the heel. I had Jo try them on. We added another inch to the leg length. These are a combination of Yarn Harlot's basic sock pattern, Nancy Bush's Classic sock and my own ideas. The color is pink, purple, and green verigated. I have made tons of booties but never socks for a three year old. Once we get the first one done I think we will be ok in making her a few more. I worked on the sock today and here is where we are at. Hopefully they will be done by the end of the week.


No comments: