Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October Already?


Unbelievably it is October already. The Grandboys have headed home. What a fun visit. They are growing so fast. It is hard to believe they are five months old.
The socks I have been working on are done. I love this color. It is Regia Kaffe Fassett in Landscape Fire. I got it at Shabby Sheep in Dallas. Love that store. What is it about tiny needles (2.50mm) and tiny yarn that is so soothing? I don't really know. But I am in a sock phase. Part of that could also be that I decided that there had to be a good basic pattern out there. After being unhappy with the one I had tried many years ago I found Yarn Harlot's Basic Sock Recipe. Ok, now I am hooked, or should I say needled. So this pair is finished and fit. Yea! I immediately cast on a new pair. This time it is OnLine Supersock 100. There is no color name on the label but I will take a picture. It is light blues and pinks and purples, totally different than the last pair. I wanted something that was a little brighter in color. I think things have calmed down a little now with the Christmas stockings being finished. Well that is until we know if the new grandbaby is a boy or girl. I am trying to have patience but when we find out I know that YoYo will be knitting up a storm.

No comments: